Your Online Source for Christ-centred Courses


Who Are CHEC InstitutionsChristian Higher Education Canada is a national association comprised of 45 Bible colleges, universities, seminaries and graduate schools that offer a wide variety of accredited degree programs, all of which are Biblically-based and seek to articulate a Christ-centred worldview and approach to education. 


What Kind of Courses Are OfferedThere are both undergraduate courses, offered by Bible colleges and universities, and graduate-level courses, offered by seminaries and graduate schools. They are offered at various levels, cover a range of disciplines and may have specific prerequisites.


Do All Courses Have a Similar FormatThere are a variety of formats. Each institution has its own unique format and approach to online courses, and their standards are posted under About Us either immediately on our website or through a link to the institution’s website. CHEC screens courses to ensure that they meet appropriates standards for quality and interaction.


How Do I Get More Information Specific information on a particular course, as well as cost and registration information, is available by following the link for each course to the institution offering the course and filling and forwarding the information form. Each institution will post or have links available to provide information on next steps.


Who Can Take These Courses These courses are open to any student registered at a post-secondary institution, who obtains the appropriate letter of permission from their home institution, or any adult occasional student, who meets the registration criteria of the institution offering the course, including having taken any required prerequisite courses.


Can I Take a Course as Non-Credit This depends on the policy of the institution offering the course. Many institutions allow occasional students to take courses without being registered in a specific program.


How Do I Register for a CourseStudents registered full- or part-time in a program at a post-secondary institution will need to submit the course information and registration to the Registrar’s Office at their home institution for review and approval, after which a Letter of Permission will be sent to the institution offering the course. Occasional students will deal directly with the institution offering the course in order to register.


Do All Courses Require the Same Tuition The tuition for a course is set by the institution offering the course, and tuition fees differ by institution and, in some cases, by program. For students who have already paid tuition to their home institution, the course tuition will be forwarded by the institution with the Letter of Permission. Each institution will determine its own policy when the tuition for the online course is more or less than its own tuition. 


How Do I Pay for a Course For students who have registered and paid tuition to their home institution, the institution will forward the required payment to the institution offering the course; if the tuition is higher, the student may have to cover this. For occasional students who register directly with the institution offering the course, the payment will be sent directly by the student.


What if I Can’t Complete a Course Each institution has its own policies about add/drop dates and policies regarding prorated refunds. It is important to check the policy and the important deadlines before you complete your registration.